Full Photography Sessions vs. Mini Photography Sessions: A Comparison
Choosing between a full photography session and a mini photography session is an important decision when seeking professional photographs. To help you make the right choice, let's compare the two....
- Full Sessions: Full photography sessions typically last 1-2 hours or even longer depending on the type of session, This allows for a more relaxed and thorough photoshoot.
- Mini Sessions: Mini sessions are significantly shorter, often lasting 15-30 minutes, making them a quick and convenient option.
Variety of Shots
- Full Sessions: With more time available, full sessions allow for a wider variety of shots, poses, and locations. You can explore different settings, styles, and moods during the shoot.
- Mini Sessions: Due to their length, a mini-session has a very limited selection of shots. There is less time to relax, experiment or capture diverse moments.
- Full Sessions: Full sessions are more customizable. Locations, themes, and styles that are personal and meaningful to you can be incorporated into your session.
- Mini Sessions: Mini sessions are most often pre-set with specific themes or locations and do not allow for personalization.
Number of Photos:
- Full Sessions: Full sessions typically yield a larger number of photos available to choose from because of the extended shooting time.
- Mini Sessions: Mini sessions result in fewer photos due to the limited timeframe.
- Full Sessions: Full photography sessions are more comprehensive but will be pricier due to the longer duration of the session, the amount of post-processing necessary, and the number of photos available to choose from.
- Mini Sessions: Mini sessions are generally more budget-friendly, making professional photography accessible to a wider range of clients but will not include as many images to choose from.
- Full Sessions: The editing and delivery of photos from full sessions may take longer due to the greater number of shots and post-processing work involved.
- Mini Sessions: Mini sessions often have quicker turnaround times since there are fewer photos to edit and select from.
- Full Sessions: Full sessions are flexible in terms of scheduling and location.
- Mini Sessions: Mini sessions are less flexible as they are typically scheduled on specific dates and times with limited room for changes.
The choice between a full photography session and a mini photography session depends on your individual needs, budget, and the level of customization you desire. Full sessions offer more time, flexibility, time to relax with the photographer, and a variety of images, while mini sessions provide a quick and cost-effective way to obtain professional photos for specific occasions or themes. Consider your priorities and preferences when making your decision, and don't forget to discuss your goals with your photographer to ensure the best fit for your needs.